CO2 extinguishing system is used to extinguish a fire in enclosed spaces (cargo holds, fuel tanks, municipalities and pump rooms, premises of powerstations, special storage rooms). The system extinguishes the fire, reducing the oxygen content in the surrounding space below the level that is necessary to maintain burning action. The carbon dioxide system is safe for the environment, but requires strict safety measures for the crew. Extremely effective for class B and С fires (combustion of liquids and gas).
Complies with the chap. 3.8; 4.3 part VI "of the Rules for the Classification and Construction of seagoing ships", chap. 5 "FSS-Code (Fire Safety Systems Code) - IMO Res. MSC.98(73)" and IMO Res. MSC.206 (81). The system complies with Regulations of chap. 11-2, SOLAS-74 as amended in 2000.
Inspection and maintenance of a Fixed Fire Extinguishing System CO2 is carried out using professional equipment by experienced personnel of our company. After works are comleted, we issue an original system inspection Certificate.
Systems main components and specifications:
1. Remote pneumatic start stations include cylinders for 68 liters V-2, starting valves, pipeline with a time delay features. The nominal pressure in the cylinders is 5.85 MPa.
2. Battery of CO2 cylinders consist of assembled 67.5L cylinders and a frame for their installation and fixation. The maximum working pressure is 12.5 MPa. The CO2 content is 0.67 kg/l.
3. Manually- or pneumatically-operated valve with safety diaphragms. Burst pressure of membranes - 20.0 MPa.
4. Flexible high pressure outlet hoses from cylinder valves to manifolds.
5. Manifolds are equipped with pressure gauge and safety valve. Preset pressure is 17.0 MPa.
6. Main starting shut-off valves on pipelines are equiped with pneumatically- and manually-operated drives.
7. CO2 starting automatic alarm system with sound and light signaling devices.
8. Exhaust nozzles with axial or radial distribution. The minimum pressure at the nozzle is 1.0 MPa.
9. Smoke alarm system of RS approved type.
10. Distribution pipelines and fittings.