Collision mats and patsCollision mats and pats
are used to seal holes in the ship's hull. They can be divided into 2 groups - soft (without a frame) and rigid (using a steel or wood frame). Plasters and mats consist of several layers of waterproof canvas
, sheathed around a steel mesh or, in the case of rigid mats, around a frame made of wood or steel.
Plasters and mats help to eliminate the water leakage of a vessel that has received a hole in the open sea in a short period of time. Soft plasters planted to the hole are pressed with a help of hydrostatic water pressure. When carrying out such work, the vessel must be completely stopped and installed broadside to the wave.
On our website you can find all the main types of emergency mats and pats:
- Lightened collision mat - for vessels with a length of 70-150 m of unrestricted navigation;
- Collision mat - for vessels with a length of 24-70 m of unrestricted navigation;
- Armored collision mat - for vessels longer than 150 m of unrestricted navigation;
- Training mat - used for training to plant the mat to the hole;
- Wooden mat with soft sides;
- Thrummed mat.
All equipment is supplied with a certificate of conformity to technical standards. You can buy emergency pats and mats on our website, after leaving a request. Our managers will contact you and advise on any questions you may have, as well as offer the best delivery option for you.